Hello Tiger Regiment Family! Here’s your news update for this week.
VHS VS Mayfair Football Game – Friday September 17
The Tiger Regiment has another opportunity to not only play pep tunes, but also perform the opener of the field show at half time. As with last week, we encourage you to come out and support the school as well as the students as they perform. Buy tickets to the game online here.
We also need your help! By volunteering, you can also get in for free. Here again are the ways you can help:
- Call time for the students is 5:30pm. They will get into their uniforms and warm up to start heading to the stadium at 6pm.
- Students need to wear athletic shorts, white shirt, and long black socks. Long hair needs to be pinned up or in a bun for the shakos
- Students need to bring their band polo shirt and jeans to change into after the half-time performance
- We need several parents to help volunteer (remember, you get into the game free if you do!):
- We will need a few parents to help set out the bleacher seat covers at the stadium and get the water jug ready
- For the half-time performance we will need a few parent volunteers to help push the equipment onto the field. You will be given direction.
- After the game, we will need everyone’s help to put everything back (bleacher seat covers, water jugs, uniforms, etc.)
Reminder: Band Night at Angel Stadium – Monday September 20
For those who have signed up, here’s the basics you need to know. More details are on the Band Night at Angel Stadium webpage here.
- Family tickets will be handed out after this Saturday’s rehearsal
- Students need to wear jeans and their band polo shirt
- Call time is 3:30pm at the band room
- All students will ride the bus to the stadium
- Bus will depart by 4pm
- Arrival time back at the band room will depend on the length of the game. We anticipate it will be around 9PM with a return to VHS around 9:30PM. Students not needing transportation can leave the game with their families at any time after the performance.
If you are attending and you haven’t completed and turned in the Band Packet (link here), please do so. You will not be allowed to go without a completed packet.
Valencia Classic Field Show Update
Our largest fundraiser is coming up quick! As such, we will need all hands on deck to make it run as smoothly as possible. We have a page on our website dedicated to information about the show that we will keep updated as needed.
A couple specific points we want to highlight in this update. First, note that each class is asked to donate some items for us to sell at the show. Click through to the web page for details on what to bring and when.
Second, and frankly the most important, is our call for volunteers to help with every aspect of the show. Because of the need, we are requiring that at least one family member for each student volunteer some of their time to help. Obviously, we’ll take more than one family member – make it a whole family fun day! Here’s a link to sign up in one or more of the following areas:
- Sweet Shop
- Ticket Booth Sales
- Volunteer Check-In & First Aid
Penny Wars Results from Band Camp
We apologize for the delay in getting these results tabulated. But we have a winner and it’s…..WOODWINDS!!!
Congratulations to the Woodwinds section. You will be treated to a pizza party on Saturday September 25 during the dinner break at rehearsals.
Penny Wars generated about $350 for the program! Thank you to everyone who participated. We look forward to doing it again next year!
First of all, we’re happy to report that we generated $500 from the Del Taco restaurant fundraiser last month. Thank you to everyone who supported us by going!
Next up is a restaurant fundraiser at Rubios on Yorba Linda Blvd between Bradford and Kraemer. It’s this Saturday from 11am to 7pm. Come out and get lunch before rehearsal and then pick up some dinner to take to your student at their break! Of course, share with your friends and neighbors to come anytime! We’ll have it on our social channels to share as well.
In addition, quick reminder of our SAVERS Fundrive drop off times the next two Saturdays from 10am-12pm. We’re getting a great response and the more we can collect, the more we funds we can raise. Keep sharing with your friends and neighbors as well as through our social media.
Finally, we just booked a restaurant night at Chipotle on Yorba Linda Blvd and Kraemer. It will be on Tuesday October 5 from 4-8pm, perfect for dinner before field show rehearsals!
All the information is on our Fundraisers page. Come back often as we update it with more opportunities!
Pancake Breakfast – Saturday September 25 9-11AM
Another great fundraising opportunity! The students will have the opportunity to sell tickets to our pancake breakfast for $5 each. For each ticket sold by your student, $3 will go towards their individual family donation. The rest towards the general fund. It’s a win-win!
Tickets will be available for the students on Tuesday at rehearsal. Please be thinking and promoting the event now and then get the tickets Tuesday to sell and distribute.
We will also need some parent volunteers to help make this run smoothly. Information about the event and volunteer opportunities can be found on our Annual Pancake Breakfast web page.
Parent Meeting Tuesday September 21
We are having our next parent meeting next Tuesday. We recognize that for some parents with middle schoolers, you have Back to School Night. We apologize for the overlap in schedules. We will try to provide a thorough recap of the meeting for you on our next update.
In our last update, we stressed the importance of the family donations to help with funding all the aspects of the Tiger Regiment program. Thank you to everyone who responded. We hope to send statements out soon so you know what has been donated.
As a reminder, families are asked to make a $600 per student donation for the fall marching season, which can be made all at once or in payments. We have several ways to submit your family donations including Venmo, Zelle, PayPal, or P.O. Box. Instructions for all of these are located on the fundraising page of our website.
Please note: Your student will not be denied participation in the program nor singled out due to any inability to make donations. It is our hope that if you can donate to the program, you will. Check our fundraising page often as we will make every effort to list as many opportunities for fundraising as we can.